Enhancement Bonuses By Level
Note if you already have a +1 Res cloak or similar items you can transmute it into 1 or more items which add up to the same cost, get the whole cost refunded or a combination of the two ie partial refund and new item
Fluff reasoning, as a hero grows in power so to does his aura of might, such that the magical forces of the universe conspire to protect and enhance his strength. To reflect this as a hero/or villain gains levels they also gain the following enhancement bonus’.
Enhancement bonuses are acquired automatically by all characters at the levels listed below. Magic items that normally confer these bonuses no longer do so, but all other benefits remain. The value of items with both an enhancement bonus and an effect (e.g. a flaming sword must also be a +1 sword) remains the same as if it had the minimum required enhancement bonus. (alternative tables)
- Armor: +1 at 2nd level and every four levels thereafter
- Weapon: +1 at 3rd level and every four levels thereafter.
- Shield (if worn): +1 at 3rd level and every four levels thereafter.
- Saves: +1 at 4th level and every four levels thereafter.
- Abilities: Pick either two or four abilities to enhance.
- Two Abilities: At 5th level, and every five levels thereafter, the enhancement bonus increases by +2 to a maxiumum of +6 at 15th level.
Four Abilities: At 5th level and every four levels thereafter, the enhancement bonus increases by +1 to a maximum of +4 at 17th level.
All enhancement bonuses should be noted on the character’s statblock with the following format, omitting bonuses of +0: (below feats) Enhancements armor +x, weapon +x, shield +x, saves +x, str +x, dex +x, con +x, int +x, wis +x, cha +x
Armor or a shield of some type must be worn in order to gain the respective enhancement bonuses.The armor bonus from mage armor does not benefit from the enhancement bonus as armor does.
The dragonscale amulet (natural armor bonus) and ring of protection (deflection bonus) exist in lesser (4, medium item) varieties. Both create visible effects and are activated by a command word as a standard action, whereupon they remain active for the act.
Weapon enhancement does not qualify as magic for the purposes of damage reduction. A weapon needs to possess at least one magical quality (e.g. a returning dagger) to bypass damage reduction of the magic type.
Ability score enhancements are in addition to the inherent bonus granted at every 4th character level.
Table— Enhancement Bonus by Level (Explicit)
|Character Level||Armor (Worn)||Weapon||Shield (Worn)||Saves||Four Abilities||Two Abilities|
- Fractional BAB and Saves when multiclassing, rounding down (so a wizard 1 , bard 1 has a BAB of +1.25 → +1)
- Minimum class skill ranks is 4 + Int modifier
- Spontaneous casters can use pearls of power
- Perception is a class skill for everyone
- Proficiency in armor removes the movement speed reduction and halves check penalties (minimum -1), division is applied after subtraction due to masterwork armor training, if this reduces the penalty to 0 or less than 1 then the division will not raise the penalty to -1
- Shurikins have a range increment of 20 feet
The following changes have been made to the core classes
- Can be of the lawful alignment
- If / when they gain the “Wild Shape “ class feature they also gain access to the “Natural Spell” feat when using wild shape.
- “Bravery” now applies to all will saves
- Upon reaching the 4th level a fighter may retrain any one of his bonus combat feats which is not a prerequisite for another feat the fighter possesses. For every four levels after the 4 he may retain an additional feat to a maximum of 5 feats at the 20th level. In order to retrain a feat a fighter must spend 1 week honing his skills by spending at least 2 consecutive hours each day training. The days need not be consecutive but must be within at least 1 week of one another. When retraining feat’s the fighter loses access to the feats he is retraining. A fighter retraining multiple feats may complete feat chains.
- Does not need to be of the lawful alignment.
- A monk may use his wisdom modifier in place of his constitution when determining his hit points
- If he takes no other movement a monk may move up to his slow fall distance and still use “flurry of blows”, this movement cannot exceed the monk’s maximum normal movement and provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.
- Paladins do not need to be Lawful Good, they can be any alignment which fall’s within 2 steps of their deity’s
- Always has trapfinding as a class feature.Even if you take an Archetype that replaces trapfinding you still have trapfinding.
- The Rogue Talents “Stand up” , “Rogue Crawl” and “Ledge Walker” are now one Talent “Deft Maneuvers”
- New Rogue Talent “Rogue Skills”, the Rogue gains the Skill focus feat in one of her class skills. She may select this trait multiple times but for different skills.
- If the Sorcerer takes a bloodline which makes perception a class skill she gets an additional +2 bonus to it if she has at least 1 skill rank in it.
- If the cavalier takes an order which makes perception a class skill she gets an additional +2 bonus to it if she has at least 1 skill rank in it.
- Perception is a class skill, if the Oracle takes a mystery which makes perception a class skill she gets an additional +2 bonus to it if she has at least 1 skill rank in it.
- Can choose use the Cleric or Druid spell list (one not both), this decision is made at character creation
Alternate class changes
- Changes as Paladin
- Changes as Cavalier
Prc’s are gained as tier’s similar to mythic tiers
Gaining a PrC Level Grant’s the following :
- You may replace you BaB / Save Scaling with that of your PrC a number of times equal to you PrC ranks
- Class Features for that Prc’s level
Power Attack, Deadly Shot, Combat Expertise
Gone, you may now trade attack bonus for damage/ac so long as you have a +1 BAB
Improved unarmed strike now grants Improved grapple if you meet the prerequisites
Combat Expertise maneuvers (feint, disarm, ect)
Improved Trip, Improved Disarm, Improved Dirty Trick, Improved Feint,
Improved Re-position, Improved Steal are gone. replaced with new Feat Expert Maneuvers
Feats which require Combat expertise and 13 int no longer require 13 int
Change the text of leadership to the following:
Benefits: This feat enables you to attract a loyal cohort and a number of devoted subordinates who assist you. A cohort is a PC with class levels (created and played by the player), while followers are typically lower level NPCs. See Table: Leadership for what level of cohort and how many followers you can recruit.
Cohorts begin play with all the amenities of a PC of their level including point buy, gestalt levels, character wealth, traits and immunity to the diplomacy skill. For all intents and purposes it is a second player character.
Power Attack maneuvers (sunder overrun, bulrush, ect)
Improved Bull Rush, Improved Drag, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder
are gone. replaced with new Feat Powerful Maneuvers
Point blank shot
Gone, now a property of all light / fines-sable weapons.
Weapon Focus / Greater Weapon Focus / Feral combat training etc
Now applies to all weapons in the chosen weapon’s group (see fighter
May be used when applicable, i.e. when you want to appear physically threatening
Mobility / Dodge
Merged into one feat.
Now grants a +1 dodge bonus to AC, this bonus increases by 4 againsts
attacks of opportunity provoked by movement.
Arcane Armor Training / Arcane Armor Mastery
Now Granted for free at level’s 3 and 7 respectively so long as you meet their prerequisites
All Casters have access to Heighten Spell Metamagic feat